Originally published May 31, 2018, Updated Oct. 19, 2018 By Matt Elliott WATCH: "One Green One Red by Matt Elliott" from Signal Toronto on Vimeo. For all the...
Weekend Newsbrief: October 21, 2018 What happened at Toronto City Hall this week (election edition) Monday is voting day in Toronto. Toronto voters head to the...
Oct. 22, 2018 By Arianne Robinson Incumbent John Tory was elected to his second term as mayor of the country’s biggest city on Monday. “We must continue...
Mihevc vs. Matlow John Tory (incumbent mayoral candidate) endorsed Joe Mihevc (incumbent councillor for part of new ward) in Toronto-St. Paul’s on Friday with...
Weekend Newsbrief: September 30, 2018 What happened at Toronto City Hall this week Keesmaat commits to tear down Gardiner (east of Jarvis) and turn it into...
- – “Political speed dating” with city council candidates at Toronto Centre
- – A look at the numbers in election polls
- – How the change in council seats is affecting the man’s man’s man’s world of city hall politics
- – 25 wards; Keesmaat’s 30-year transit plan; Tory campaign co-chairs (Sept. 1, 2018)
- – Bill 5; voter POV; election question (Aug. 18, 2018)
- – Politician resignations; council cuts and a city charter; council dysfunction (Sept. 14, 2018)
MATT ELLIOTT (COLUMN)
- May 31, 2018 – Toronto chose cheap parking over car sharing, so maybe it’s time for a vanner revolution
- May 24, 2018 – By-election or bust: council should stop appointing people to fill vacancies
- May 17, 2018 – Lack of Scarborough subway scrutiny makes way for a subway sequel on Sheppard
- May 10, 2018 – TOcore’s Great Streets plan can correct mistakes from the past, and help put Toronto on the road to achieving Vision Zero
- May 3, 2018 – Forget the mayoral race, it’s Toronto’s council races that will determine the shape of our city