Types of information collected
- Account information such as name, address, postal code, email address and phone number. This information is used to fulfil your request for information, products and services, provide relevant advertising, administer contests or promotions you enter and respond to your enquiries.
- Subscriber ID and passwords so that you may access your account information and services.
- Collect credit card or banking information if required to complete a sale.
- Usage information such as product or service preferences, purchase history, time spent and other customer engagement information to better understand your preferences and help us develop better products and services.
- If you choose to provide it to us, supplementary information such as gender, month and year of birth, income range, the industry you work in, your current position, and customer satisfaction information.
- Social media identifiers including both personal and non-personally identifying information you may provide by using social media sharing and log-in features. You can control what information you share through some social networking sites’ privacy settings.
Uses of information collected
- To fulfil your request: To fulfil your request for products and services from Signal Toronto.
- Internal analytics: To understand how users interact with our website, to improve the operation and performance of Signal Toronto’s products and services, and to develop new products and services.
- Communicate offers and promotions: To communicate with you about Signal Toronto’s offers and promotions. You can withdraw your consent to specific types of email communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of the email message. Note that you will continue to receive communications that directly pertain to your services.
- Enforce Terms and Conditions: To enable us to contact you if we have reason to believe that you have violated our Terms of Service.
- Other administrative reasons: If you provide a complaint to Signal Toronto or send a request to customer service, we will keep the relevant information for the purpose of investigating your complaint or request and responding to you.
- We generally use your personal information for the purposes of managing, administering, collecting or enforcing your accounts, maintaining business records for a reasonable time and generally managing and administering our business and meeting all relevant Canadian and international regulatory, legal, insurance, audit, security and processing requirements.
By purchasing any of our products or using any of our services, we assume you consent to receive the products and services and information relevant to them, including service notifications, personalized content and services, relevant advertising, and other communications regarding our products and services.
Information not covered by this policy:
- Information that is not personally identifiable such as type of browser or operating system you are using, your network, our web pages you have visited, other web pages you have visited before and after visiting ours, type of device, general location information and other similar types of anonymous or de-identified information may be collected and used by us and third parties including advertisers.
- Aggregate data that cannot be associated with a specific person, such as demographic statistics about Signal Toronto’s customers, or number of visitors and average time spent on a website.
- Personal information for editorial purposes — As you may expect, information collected for editorial purposes, whether or not it is considered “personal,” is exempt from the requirements of Canadian law and is not covered by this policy. Business contact information including the name, title, business address and telephone number of an employee of an organization, publicly available information such as an individual’s name and address when listed in or made available through a directory, or any other information or circumstance that falls outside the scope of or is exempted by applicable privacy legislation.
Contacting Signal Toronto regarding your privacy: